Monday, October 15, 2012

Thanks for the buck Grandma.

Many people are familiar with my "Stuff I Find In Books" box.  Notes, religious cards, postcards, money (never American dang it!) and even a dental x-ray but this is one of my better one.

I thought I'd found the quintessential "Grandma" letter in a Science book collection:  numerous proud comments for child's big size, passive aggressive guilting towards little (big) David for being to busy to write to Grandma, folded over one dollar bill, encouragement to do well in school, and descriptions of a family picnic where Grandma could have had a good time were it not for loud people, but thankfully those people were white.  Wait, what?  Aww, racist Grandmas are the worst.




1 comment:

Web Services said...

Great post. thanks for the shared with us. despre web design